The Municipal Housing Authority for the City of Yonkers (“MHACY”) has twelve Tenant Councils. The purpose of each Council is as follows:
- To promote the general welfare and desirable living conditions of its residents.
- To recommend solutions to problems within the responsible organizations and agencies for implementation.
- To ensure that conditions within the developments allow the residents to enjoy their apartment and neighborhood to the fullest extent possible.
- To discuss resident concerns with management and other service providers for resolution.
- To work with the Site Managers and other MHACY staff to solve individual, family, neighborhood, council and Authority problems.
- To encourage active resident participation in the Tenant Council in a positive manner, to address matters of concern to the residents and take advantage of opportunities available at the sites.
RESIDENT/TENANT COUNCIL OFFICERS AND REPRESENTATIVES
Palisade Towers (Schroeder St.)
Calcagno Homes (School Street)
Cottage Place Gardens
Walsh Road Homes
Kris Kristensen (Seymour Street)
Loehr Court (Western Avenue)
Monsignor Troy Manor (Willow Street)
Mary Ann Maurer
Curran Court Homes
James E. Hall Homes