The Municipal Housing Authority for the City of Yonkers (“MHACY”) has twelve Tenant Councils. The purpose of each Council is as follows:
- To promote the general welfare and desirable living conditions of its residents.
- To recommend solutions to problems within the responsible organizations and agencies for implementation.
- To ensure that conditions within the developments allow the residents to enjoy their apartment and neighborhood to the fullest extent possible.
- To discuss resident concerns with management and other service providers for resolution.
- To work with the Site Managers and other MHACY staff to solve individual, family, neighborhood, council and Authority problems.
- To encourage active resident participation in the Tenant Council in a positive manner, to address matters of concern to the residents and take advantage of opportunities available at the sites.
RESIDENT/TENANT COUNCIL OFFICERS AND REPRESENTATIVES
William A. Schlobohm Houses (Schroeder St,)
Elizabeth Owens, Andrew Owens & Victor Mairena
Calcagno Homes (School Street)
Cottage Place Gardens
Donna Clark & Leona Nelson
Walsh Road Homes
Margaret “Peggy” James, Louise Simmons & Ivette Maldonado
Kris Kristensen (Seymour Street)
Sarah Haughton, Migdalia Roman & Inocenia Rosario
Fran Beltran, Isabel Gonzalez & Dora Paulino
Loehr Court (Western Avenue)
Monsignor Troy Manor (Willow Street)
MaryAnn Maurer & Benjamin Barrios
Curran Court Homes
Amelia Pupchyk, Anne Prestamo & Guiditta Nacov
James E. Hall Homes
Michael Stephens & Carolyn Arroyo
Scattered Sites (Townhouses)
Marisel Fontan & Vanella Martin